I think we turned a corner last night. Parker has been fever free for 24 hours. Which means that healthy can’t be too far away.
Although this kid is still producing what seems like gallons of snot. I can hear Reed suctioning him via his trach even as I type.
Speaking of trachs, have I ever told you how thankful for that hole in Parker’s throat? While it was the single hardest decision I have ever made, it was also by far one of the absolute best decisions I have ever made.
I received a call from Parker’s Make A Wish team today. Things are coming together. They did ask for us to have two other wish ideas in place in case Parker’s first wish couldn’t be granted.
The thing is I know of absolutely nothing that this kid loves more than being outside swinging, and now climbing! So I’m at a total loss as to other wish ideas and may just ask for Parker’s wish to be put on hold until it could be granted.
Which would be totally worth it.
Even though I hope we don’t have to do that.
Cause Parker lives to go outside and be just like any other typical kid.
And that is one of the goals of Make A Wish. To help give kids the joy and desire to keep on fighting….