All proceeds go towards Parker’s medical fund.
I got to thinking today about all the things that occupy my brain, that never would have even crossed it before Parker was born.
- Will this stroller fit throw that door frame?
- I wonder if I have time to shower today….Â No?Â Eh, it’s only been a week.
- Can I change out this trach without having a huge wad of snot launched right between my eyes?
- Naw, that alarm isn’t coming from a Kangaroo feeding pump.Â It’s an Infinity.Â The tone is lower.
- How many used trach noses do you think Parker’s hucked down the air vents anyway?
- It’s time to retire the word ‘retard’ and all it’s derivatives.
- Grocery money?Â Who needs grocery money?Â Didn’t we just buy groceries….what…..6 months ago?
- Will my local Legislative Representative, in a fit of over the top Tea Party fever, vote to cut Medicaid to kids on both trachs AND vents.Â Wouldn’t that be swell.Â What a Patriot!
- Could I be any prouder of this kid of mine who learned to walk at the age of 3?Â (I don’t think so.)
- So, do we go with a surgery or drugs for Parker’s aspiration?Â Â (ACK! I still don’t know.)
- Braces for #3 and her weird molar ruining cross bite, or super expensive $150.00-dollar-a-box-NOT-covered-by-insurance-formula for Parker?
- Think the night nurse will actually SHOW UP tonight?Â Â (She didn’t.)
- Why, exactly, do these oxygen tanks have to be so damn heavy?
- How can one little kid with an extra chromosome make my heart swell with so much love that I don’t even have words to express it’s depth?
What about you?Â What are some of the things that YOU never thought about until you became the parent of a kid with special needs?