We took Parker down for an x-ray which they introduced dye through both openings of his stoma and then took pictures of his insides. I wasn’t totally sure as to what I was seeing, but I have a bit of an idea. We will get more info from the surgeon later this evening.
As of last night it was decided that perhaps we will simply revise Parker’s stoma by putting this one back inside of him and then bringing out a brand new one. That is a very simplified way of describing it, but it gets the general idea out there.
And we will also go forward withe the g-tube surgery.
Right now the thought is to do the surgery on Wednesday. But I am concerned about the day after being Thanksgiving and a long weekend and there not being Parker’s regular doctors up here to oversee everything.
So now I am wondering if we should wait until after Thanksgiving to do this stuff.
What I would really like to do is just take this beautiful little guy of mine and run home. Home is where he belongs. Home is where he needs to be.
My sweet friend Kaylene came up last night to visit and bring a birthday gift up to Parker for today. He got to open it up this morning and had a blast playing with it.
We are going to have a big 3 (!) party after we are home from the hospital. It sucks celebrating your birthday up here.
Actually, it is pretty safe to say that it just pretty much sucks to be up here period.
Updated to add:
We spoke with the surgeon again this evening. While there were some good things seen on Parker’s x-rays today, it is still thought that it would be a better idea to replace the existing stoma so that a good, mature stoma was in place for Parker’s eventual Pull-Through surgeries.
There is a bit of a chance that Parker’s surgery could be done via a scope rather than laying his backside open, etc. This is still a technique in it’s infancy, and the whole idea will be run by Dr. Levitt, but it is, perhaps, an option.
There were a few other bright spots in the converstation and I feel very good with the plan.
ESPECIALLY the part that Parker just may be able to come home this weekend.
Yup. This weekend.