Comments are Closed!
Art is a window into a soul. With the swipe of a brush a heart’s worth of meaning can come to life.
Creativity has the ability not only to inspire, but to heal.
For a kid with special needs, art can be a form of communication,Â a way to master fine motor skills, all while initiating a connection to others. (Kensley was signing ‘red’ to Parker.)
Art carries the potential to impact positive change individuals as well as communities.
These are just a few of the reasons I’m so excited to host this review/giveaway for Melissa and Doug’s
Deluxe Floor-Standing Easel
I’ve been looking around for an easel for Parker. Not only to use inside, but to use outside this summer too.
What better way to paint a tree than to be right smack next to one while you’re getting your Picasso on?
However the easel needed to meet all of my requirements:
- It had to be affordable.
- It had to be sturdy.
- It had to be adjustable. (Parker is short for a 5 year old.)
- It had to come with both a white board AND a chalk board.
- I wanted the safety paint cups. Baby food jars might be great paint containers for some, but I could just see Parker dumping a full batch of paint on my floor using something like these.
(You may think I’ve thrown this in just to look good in this review, I haven’t. I am VERY picky about Parker’s toys.)
I’m happy to say that Melissa and Doug’s easel and supplies met each and every requirement.
Two things that would have been nice:
The white board also being a magnetic board.
A wee bit easier of assembly.Â It isn’t hard to assemble so much as there is quite a bit to assemble.Â As long as you don’t wait until 5 minutes before the birthday party or 2:00 a.m on Christmas morning you’ll be fine.
(Not that I’ve been known to do this or anything.Â sigh.)
How about you?Â Would you like to enter to give your child Melissa and Doug’s Deluxe Floor-Standing Wooden Easel AND Easel Companion Set?
Over a $100.00 Value!
We are offering one lucky reader the beautiful Melissa & Doug Easel AND Supplies!
Just head on over to Melissa an Doug’s site and come back and tell us (with a comment) one other product your little one would love to have.
(Remember to leave a separate comment for each entry requirement you choose to complete!)
- Tweet this contest. You can do this 1 time a day for 1 daily entry through 5.10.10 (Just hit the little button with the ‘t’ on it at the bottom of this post!)
- Follow Melissa & Doug on Twitter: @MelissaAndDoug for 1 entry.
- Join the Melissa & Doug Newsletter for 5 entries (leave 5 comments that say Joined Newsletter #1, Joined Newsletter #2 and so on until you submit 5 entries.)
- Blog about this giveaway with a link back here for 5 entries. Send us the link in 5 separate comments.
- Subscribe to Praying For Parker for 1 entry.
- Favor Praying For Parker on Technorati for 1 entry.
- Follow us on Twitter! @ParkerMama
- Post Parker’s button on your blog!
Offer valid in the US only.
Because I choose to blog with integrity: Melissa and Doug sent Parker these art supplies and easel for FREE. It is kind of hard to write a review when you have never used something before. He loves them!Â We have the pictures to prove it.